Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Everything is Different Now!

Well! Almost 2 year have passed since I last posted on this site. Since then I have lost both my dad and my mom (they died 11 months apart from each other), been on so many trips, welcomed a new grandchild, had a family of 5 (now 6) move in with us ( been with us 2 years now)...but mostly...almost EVERYTHING has changed in familysearch.org!  The whole site has a different look...you can upload stories, documents, pictures and attach them to people in your tree. The 1940 census was released and in record time it was indexed! You can search all the census records and more right from the familysearch.org site. Then you can attach the online records and documents ( their URLs...so their links) right to the person's page! You can scan and upload any document and attach it to the appropriate person.
As for me...I have been  s l o w l y  studying the Polish language in hopes of going to Poland some day. I have also started studying the Russian language because there are quite a few record collections in Poland that are written in Russian.

Today I upload a few more pictures to familysearch.org...Here are some pictures of the process.
 Here is my PHOTO Page on my familysearch.org account. I had already loaded a bunch of pictures in the past few months. I had 4 new pictures to add today....see them under the computer.

 Here those pictures are again, waiting for me to scan them on our cheap old printer scanner (hp scanner printer..we have had it for 4 years now). Hint...scan them to your desktop...it makes everything so much easier.



 See those 4 pictures on the left now?  The computer put them all in one file... on the desktop, so I opened the file and there they were...ready to drag into the space I was directed to on the familysearch site.Make each screen page half size so you can do the dragging easy... The area will turn green as you get ready to release the picture after you drag it. Then you will see  indication that it is loading. There, that picture was successfully added. You can also attach a picture from your files.

IF YOU ARE FRUSTRATED, AND NEED HELP DOING THIS,  ASK A TEENAGER TO HELP YOU! Or call me up! 760-241-1420.

No comments: